A Program of Choice!
AVP is for adults who are Regional Center of the East Bay clients, who want a choice when it comes to selecting a day program. AVP is both on site and in the community. Participants generally want to improve their social, recreational, life and community integration skills.
Stamina/movement development and daily exercises are strongly encouraged. Occasional paid work may be available.
We accept clients who are ambulatory and nonambulatory, and also for individuals who are hearing challenged.
Staff to client ratio is 1:6. Individuals have both an onsite program as well as educational (and fun) trips into their own communities.
The activities listed are person-centered and focused. In addition to preset educational, social-recreational, health and safety life-skills instruction, individuals are strongly encouraged to manage their own monthly schedule of activities.
Activities listed are only a sample:
- Volunteer Activities
- Movement/Stamina, Physical Fitness, Dancing and Walking Programs
- Trips to the community in program vans as well as on public transportation
- Movies and Documentaries
- Picnics in Parks
- Nature Centers
- Community Centers
- Relaxation, Coping & Stress Management Exercises
- Computer Building Skills
- City and County Libraries
- Arts and Crafts
- Singing and Musical Enrichment
- Occasional Paid Work
- Cultural Awareness and Diversity Events
- Museums and Art Galleries
- Socialization Skills
(510) 582-8151 x3202