LEAP PROGRAM GOALS
- To provide informed choice and person-centered planning based on formal and informal educational training
- To acquire and utilize functional life skills in a natural environment
- To elect and participate in a monthly volunteer experience in the community
- To provide relevant, culturally-based opportunities in all aspects of the community, employment, socialization, functional life skills, and other activities.
- To provide access and partnership development through the use of various community sites, activities, opportunities, and experiences geared toward increasing skills, competency, and independence.
- To provide additional educational strategies (Work-Based Learning—WBL). WBL can include volunteer opportunities, workplace simulations, paid work, and other enterprises and opportunities in the business or nonprofit arena
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
INTAKES, REFERRALS, TOURS, AND INFORMATION
1101 Walpert St.
Hayward, CA 94541
Ways To Support
The Arc of the East Bay offers life skills education and employment services tailored to the needs and goals of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our clients set their own annual goals, often with input from their families. Dedicated Arc staffers – called Direct Service Providers – then work tirelessly to help clients achieve those personal goals.